Landon Martz - Leg Day! 10/27/25
Hey everyone! At first today I was struggling to pick a topic to talk about for my first blog. But as I’m doing this I am getting ready to go to the ARC for my leg day so I figured I’d walk you through a leg day with me. I usually like to start out with a 5-10 minute incline treadmill walk or a stationary bike ride. After I’m loose I like to go right over to the hip abduction and adduction and do 2x12-15 on each. Then I usually go to the standing calf raise and do two heavy sets to failure and get calves out of the way. Then comes barbell or dumbbell rdls, I like a warm up set then 2 heavy sets of 6-8. Next up is light, smith machine squats focusing on control and stretch, I also like to do a warm up set then 2 sets of 6-8. Then to end my workout, I do two sets to failure with a drop set on the second set with both leg extensions and hamstrings curls (either seated or laying down.) I hope this gave some good insight on my leg day and hope you learned something new or can tell me some insightful information!
Hi Landon, this looks like a great leg day. I love starting any workout with some light cardio like an incline walk or stationary bike. I find your pre-exhaustion approach really interesting and I'm curious how doing those other exercises first affects the way your squats feel. I also really love ending a leg day with burning out on leg extensions and hamstring curls. This seems like a fun and effective workout and I think I might experiment with this workout to see how it feels compared to my usual style.
ReplyDelete